How to become a legalist
How to Become a Legalist
- Make rules outside the Bible.
- Push yourself to try and keep your rules.
- Castigate yourself when you don’t keep your rules.
- Become proud when you do keep your rules.
- Appoint yourself as judge over other people.
- Get angry with people who break your rules or have different rules.
- “Beat” the losers.
These came out of a sermon by Mark Driscoll, Jesus, the Sabbath Lord
I have not listened to his sermon myself. Actually, I probably could have come up with his seven points myself since I tend towards legalism at times. Of greater importance to me, How NOT to be a legalist. Suggestions welcome for a future post on that topic.