She says, “I am lonely” and he says, “I am a failure.”
One of the most interesting parts of Dan Allender’s seminar on “Loving Your Story” was his section on the results of the fall.
Genesis 3 and curses
Woman “Your desire will be for your husband and he will rule over you.”
- Describes the desire or desperation within the heart of every woman
- Men respond to this desire within women by shame, contempt, anger and intimidation
- Women are shaped by God to reveal His tender heart
- Woman will suffer in all relationships. Her desire will feel too much for her.
- This is why all cultures and marriages find ways to silence women, telling them that there emotional needs are illegitimate. The tragedy is that many women believe this lie
- Women are always seeking to help insecure men from feeling inadequate
Man “Cursed is the ground…thorns and thistles…painful toil …to dust you will return
· For man the fruit of the earth will not come easily
· Man will suffer a world that does not make it easy for him
· Nothing a man builds will last, all will return to dust
After the fall
- Women say “I am lonely, I have too much desire or desperation, I am too much.”
- Men say, “I am a failure, I cannot be exposed, I am not enough.”
- If women feel lonely and men feel like a failure, how do we come together under grace to get back home to Eden? Owning, knowing and telling our story?